Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Danny !!!

IT'S THE BIG 5-0.

Some of these pictures you have seen posted on this blog a billion times but you will have to see them again :) Oh and although I appreciate the kind comments on my "collages" (Mom, Amy & Sarah) I assure you I spend about 20 seconds slopping them onto the scanner glass, I guess I should try to be creative, but I don't :)

Danny was born in 1958 and if I have my story correct he didn't walk until he was like 2. He did enjoy taking things apart to fix them when he was quite young. I just remember him being in trouble "ALLOT" It seems like he was always grounded...even more than me. He used to share a room with John and their room had a huge, and I do mean HUGE walk in closet. Danny chose to convert that to his room, mattress and all. I also have fond memories of him having to skip one meal or another and smuggling up Peanut Butter/Sugar toast to him.

WE LOVE YOU DANNY...even if you are soon to be Over the Hill !!


The "Hair" Photo was taken at the "Big Deal" Drive In Restaurant that Danny and I worked at when we were young. We had so much fun !! Hey John What do you think of the Jeans in the second picture, you don't see those around anymore. He is with our dog Figaro, who was awesome and used to hide after his hair cuts. I can't figure out whose Birthday we were celebrating but it was at our house on 1st street and please make note of the birthday candle. I think it was my Birthday and I wined about no candles.


Does anyone else notice that Danny doesn't age? He still looks the same as he did when he was 20, only with facial hair :) He got the skinny and young genes I guess.


I bet you are all worried about what pictures I have in my arsenal (spelling?) of you...I guess you'll have to wait for your birthday to see.

7 comments:

Betty Brackett said...

Wow!! Memory Lane is becoming my favorite street :) Trying to think of the best time to call Danny...he's at work and I'll bet the cell phone has been ringing constantly. Yes, he had an "active" adolescence...and I'm feeling the guilt for sending him to his room without a meal now and then...to get even, he stayed skinny :) Love you Danny!!

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

There isn't anything wrong with sending kids to their room and skipping a meal now and then, you should have done it to me though :)

John said...

Yes, we did share a room, but I was the one that put the bed in the closet after he moved out.

It fit perfectly, stereo speakers and all : ) ..so I had my own bedroom AND living room!

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

No way, I remember bringing him food in there. I think he did it first. We will have to get this cleared up...did I bring you food in there?

John said...

I don't think so.. But my memory sucks.. Maybe you're right or maybe he was sleeping in there on the floor or something before we actually put a bed in there. ..I'm sure he'll remember : )

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Danny!!!!We love you and hope that you have a great day!!!!!!I see alot of resemblence of Mikal in Uncle Danny...or is that just me? Once again mom, you did an amazing job of putting pictures on a scanner and pushing the button. haha. It looks like you worked alot harder then that which is always a good thing.

Justin and Amy said...

Great pics again Aunt Linda. You just continue to out-do yourself. And happy Birthday Danny! We love you.