Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hi Everyone !!

Yesterday I went to Las Vegas to watch Jordan perform with his Jazz Band from High school. Prior to leaving for the concert Elijah gave a pre show performance of all of his latest moves which included running around in circles and then dropping on the floor and then looking up to see who was watching. He is so adorable I can't stand it sometimes. They have this little piano and he scooted over another toy to use as a seat to sit on while he played. It looses something in translation, but trust me it was dang cute. The Jazz Concert was awesome but very short. I think it lasted maybe 15 minutes. Jeremy, Sarah, Elijah, Elizabeth and Sarah's Dad Bob all came with me. When the concert was over Elizabeth said "let's go see JoJo...hurry" and started running. She really enjoyed the music and was tapping her little hands on the seat in front of me through most of it. Elijah wasn't nearly as impressed and could have done without the whole process, but he was really good. After the concert we looked at some model homes and then Bob took us all to lunch, which was wonderful. On the way back to their house, Elizabeth was so tired she started to have a mini meltdown and when she caught her breath said "I'm just so tired" It was honestly the most precious thing I have ever seen. She passed out in pure exhaustion shortly after that. I had a really great day !!

Jonas's hair is finally starting to grow back. He is really starting to communicate well. Whenever I say "Jonas" followed by any command that he doesn't want to obey
he just says "I'm not Jonas" and continues doing whatever it is. I have a hard time not laughing at him. Nicole and Jason have posted some pictures on their blog if any of you missed them, you should check it out..except for the one that I look like a hippo on pot. Thank goodness for Nicole or no one would ever get to see Jonas.

My new job is going well. It's really pretty boring, but sometimes that can be a welcome change. I'm so lucky to have it, I am not even complaining. I am going to take a moment to complain about the price of gas and groceries. Honestly, what the heck. I am so glad I live in a small town and don't have to drive much anymore. I don't know how Danny keeps up with it.

I like David Cooke for the next Idol. I love little David too, but he is to young and needs to be protected for a few more years.

Well that's about all I have for today. I hope everyone is well.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I like both the Davids so much, I almost don't care who wins; but I agree that David A could use a few more years of seasoning and learning to cope with the world before he's thrown to the dogs. They're both accomplished musicians and wonderful vocalists, and both seem to be genuinely nice guys. Are you excited for So You Think You Can Dance? We sure are! It starts the week after AI is done.

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Mom does not like So You Think You can Dance but we do and are so excited for it. I think the only bad thing for David Cooke would be that he would be roped into doing all the American Idol things that he is not going to have the opportunity to do things on his own...does that make sense? Ok so this weekend was a blast. I loved having you here and the concert was great but way too short. I do not want to talk about gas or grocieries...it is too depressing. I am glad that Jonas' hair is growing back. It does look adorable. I miss you and hope that you have an awesome week!! I love you.

Betty Brackett said...

Go David Cook! I like little David too, and it sounds like he needs to be protected from his control-freak Dad almost as much as from too-early fame. Loved his rendition of "Imagine"...I kind of like SYTYCD too, but that woman judge makes me crazy....a voice to die from.

The McPherson Clan--- said...

I think that's so clever of Jonas to say "I'm not Jonas". That takes some serious reasoning skills, plus it's just really funny.

I wish I could've been in Vegas this weekend it sounded like so much fun.

David Cooke is where it's at.

So You Think You Can Dance is the greatest show on tv, with the exception of Battlestar Galactica. Devyn and I have been DVR'ing all the episodes from last season and rewatching them. I can't wait until Thursday!!! Yes, Mary (the woman judge) has a voice that can make ya crazy, but at least she knows what she's talking about. I fast forward every time Paula Abdul starts to speak, she's so irrelevant it's sad.