Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Welcome Nala

I am very happy to introduce you all to our latest addition. This is Nala. Her name was Sandy for a minute and then Sammi mentioned Nala and I knew that had to be her name. I am not thrilled about the amount of time and attention she will require over the next year. It honestly is like having an infant again because you have to watch them every second, until they are trained to make sure they are not chewing up the furniture or eating your carpet. She is really smart, she whines when she needs to go outside and she is only 6 weeks old. She sleeps in our room in a crate and wakes us up to take her out. I am hoping that her bladder gets stronger real soon so that she will sleep through the night. I am sure that she will help fill a huge gap in the house when Jordan and Sammi leave this summer to attend school in Utah. I miss Jason something horrible and can't really bring myself to think about Jordan leaving too. Thank goodness Jeremy, Sarah and my Grandchildren are all close or I would really go postal I think. Rachel too, anyway here she is :)






7 comments:

The McPherson Clan--- said...

Oh my gosh! She could not be any cuter, I'm super jealous. Lily and Connor want a dog so badly and Lily has informed me that she has to have a lab. She'll love these pictures when I show her. Good luck with the "potty-training", sounds like it won't be too bad...

Jeremy and Sarah said...

You beat me to the punch. I was just getting ready to post about her and our weekend but thought I would check the blogs first. Those are really good pictures of her. She really is a sweet heart even though she is a snoot...heehee. Love you.

Devyn said...

That is one really really cute puppy.

Betty Brackett said...

I absolutely love that name! The first three months are the hardest with a puppy...at least I thought so. She sounds really smart and will probably train quickly. I loved having the crate..and the pups get to love them too...their own little nest....more pictures please :)

Justin and Amy said...

That is the cutest puppy I have ever seen! She is so adorable, seeing those pictures make me want to go out and buy one just like her. When I get a house, I am getting a puppy. I am so jealous:)

Lori said...

She's really beautiful, and yeah, if I was going to have a dog, definitely a Lab. Jim's sister, Trish, just got a "surprise" early birthday present from her boss: a brindled Boxer, 9 weeks old. She named him Cassius - get it? He's really cute, too. But Nala is way cuter; and super cute name.

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I am sorry to say I do not get it
:( Remember I'm the slow one...half to get things splaned to me