Monday, November 12, 2007

Tagged !

What a fun idea. I really don't have 6 interesting things to say about myself and Terry doesn't do blogs....weird I know :) I will do the best I can.

1. I played Girls Roller Hockey as a teenager. I had to be the goalie for an away game that we played in Sacramento. I had to put on about 100 pounds of gear and it was the most disgusting sweaty experience of my life, but I had a blast. I can't remember if we won or lost which probably means we lost right?

2. I was a car hop on roller skates at "The Big Deal Drive In" when I was about 15. It was the funnest job I ever had and I thought I was pretty cool. My brother Danny also worked there which made it even more fun. One night my friend Ramona, brought her Dad in for milk shakes and I fell and spilled it all over myself. That was the only time I ever fell.

3. Lori, Debbie, Danny & I used to go to houses and ask if we could do various chores for people to earn money to go horseback riding or some other adventure. We usually only ended up with enough to go get candy bars and drinks so we decided it might be better to say we were raising money for various reasons. If I remember correctly I don't think Lori participated in that part but it did increase our success.

4. I love to have a friendly debate.

5. I tend to over analyze.

6. I loved being pregnant. People are so kind and it was such a wonderful time.

OK that was more like memories really wasn't it? I am expanding the theme, memories qualify and I tag Mom and Marty when she does a blog. I really wish my other siblings would get with the program and blog.

7 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

Aunt Linda I can totally picture you working at a place that requires their employees to wear roller skates!:) I like that story about you guys going to people's houses to earn money. So funny. Those were good facts. I'm glad you shared them:)

Jeremy and Sarah said...

I can not believe that you used to play hockey...that is so amazing.Is that why it is one of the only sports on tv that you will watch?I also do not understand if you have skills to rollerskate,why your boys(well I know this is true for Jeremy anyway)do not have that same talent.Did Jeremy ever tell you about the time he tried to snowboard?funny story.

Betty Brackett said...

These brought back fun memories for me too...like the time you were grounded and "escaped" through the window (second story!) to go somewhere with Terry. :)

Lori said...

I haven't been through all the blogs yet, so don't know who tagged you; but it's pretty darn entertaining so far! I'm kind of glad I don't have a blog, as I'm having trouble coming up with even one interesting thing about me (though I do have great memories). Yours are awesome!

Chelsea said...

You love being pregnant? Kinda weird Aunt Linda :)

Loved all the fun memories. I remember my Mom telling us about you guys raising money and getting tons of candy with it.

Betty Brackett said...

I liked being pregnant too...for the most part. It was kinda tough with Linda, since Danny wasn't walking yet, and Lori and Debbie were only 4 and 3. But other than that..felt healthy and happy.

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

Sorry Chelsea, I did love being pregnant. I had easy pregnancies and it is the only time I can remember not feeling fat...just pregnant, plus there was the added bonus of having another beautiful baby:)