Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Blessings

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving !!

We had a wonderful couple of days together. Little Elizabeth was so sick, but so good, she just wanted to be held on Thursday when the gang arrived from Vegas and Dza Dza (Polish for Grandpa) was happy to oblige. She just slept on his shoulder for what seemed like an eternity, while I got to happily play with Elijah. He was such a good baby, just played and talked and entertained us most of the day. Jonas arrived at about 1:30 PM and was overjoyed as always to see the babies. He even got a smile out of Elizabeth, which the rest of us failed to do. I finally got a chance to hold her for a while. It's so awesome to hold babies when they are asleep, obviously it's better if they aren't sick but you know what I mean. Jason, Jordan and Jeremy had a blast together, as they usually do, I love to hear them laugh, they all have such different laughs and they are all contagious. We had French Dip sandwiches that were nummy and then the kids went down to sleep, very easily. Jason tried to get Jonas to sleep but he wasn't having any part of it. We all did a craft together, courtesy of Jeremy & Sarah, which was so much fun. Terry even participated, which shocked us all. Jason was the only one who didn't paint but he took pictures so that we could share. Rachel got home to collect Jonas and we played a game of Monopoly, which I detest, but it was fun. Jordan has a rather unique strategy for the game, far to complicated to explain. Jordan also sold his bedroom to Jeremy & Sarah for some WOW gold and slept on the couch. Jason tried to outbid him but the deal had already been struck so Jason got the mattress on the floor, but no one was complaining.

We celebrated on Friday because Rachel was off. We had Turkey, Stuffing, Sweet potatoes, Rolls, Green Beans & Carrots, Cranberries, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and Pumpkin Pie. We also had an Artichoke, creamed cheese spinach dip that Terry made in a Sourdough Bread Bowl that was delicious while we waited for the dinner. Jeremy, Jason & Jordan all helped with the cooking duties which left Sarah, Rachel & I time to visit and play with the kids. We played Cranium when the babies went down for a nap. Jordan & Rachel, Jeremy & Sarah , and Jason and I were teams. Some of us were caught cheating...we won't mention any names but I think you all know which team it was. At the end I am pretty sure Jason and I were in the lead.

Since the boys cooked...guess what the girls got to do, that's right we got to clean up...yay !!!! So Sarah came up with a little game of making up Christmas songs. That sounds very odd, but it was a blast. When it was Rachel's turn she refused so we switched to singing actual songs, much to Jordan's dismay, but it truly made it fun. Jeremy was just happy to have some video game time, and anything that kept us happy was OK by him. Jason slept through the whole thing right underneath on the other side, so it couldn't have been to bad. Next year Sarah isn't washing though, she is too maticulous, not that I don't enjoy a clean dish as much as the next person but wow. No we do not have a dishwasher, well we do but we don't use it...I'm kinda creeped out by it.

The babies just played and entertained us endlessly, and I kept saying how nice it would be if we all could live in the same town (Dayton), which fell on deaf ears, but I wont stop trying. Thank you Mom...We love you :)

Thanksgiving is a bit of an odd Holiday for me because as all of you know, we lost our Joshua on Thanksgiving in 1976. He was 2 months and 10 days old, and my thoughts often drift to him on Thanksgiving. It was really hard for many years not feeling guilty about celebrating on this day. I have so many blessing though, and I focus on them.

I know it was a difficult year for all of us, especially Mom, Lori, Mikal, Amy & Chelsea. We are all here for you and love you very much.

12 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Ok,I want to start out by saying thank you mom for the blog, HOWEVER...there are a few problems that we need to clear up...First of which,everyone that thinks that it was me(sarah)that cheated you are wrong. I did not even know that my husband was cheating until he started giggling like a 3 year old girl. And I am the one that came clean about it so...Secondly,you and Jason did NOT win. When we ended the game Jeremy and I were ahead by one space. I love you but you did not win. Thirdly, I think that you need to come clean on your kibitzing/cheating!!!Mom sabotaged our team...I could not believe she did that to me:( And the last thing that I am going to say is even though it took me forever to do the dishes,we still had hot water in the end.

Betty Brackett said...

Omigosh...this adventure has to be made into a movie...sounds like you all had so much fun!! Kibitzing Mom and obsessively dishwashing Sarah...kids selling their beds and giggling guys...there's a song in there somewhere...lol...love it!

Justin and Amy said...

Thanks for the sweet thoughts and wonderful post. I made a comment on Sarah and Jeremy's blog about this but that craft reminded me of Christmas time last year. Remember when you came to visit my mom in Salt Lake City in December? You bought those ornaments that we put together and colored. That was so fun. And we sat around watching those Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel:) Anyway, thanks for the updates. Happy Thanksgiving!

Chelsea said...

Oh, the Hallmark channel at Christmas time...gotta love it all those old, super cheesy Christmas miracle movies!

Loved the ornaments on Jer and Sarah's blog. Glad you guys had a good holiday weekend.

Chelsea said...

PS, I wasn't there but I'm guessing Sarah cheated...I love you anyway Sarah :)

Jeremy and Sarah said...

IT WASN'T ME!!!You guys need to stop assuming that I am the only game cheater in this family.And Chelsea...the way I play Yatzee is NOT cheating,its creative!!!

Chelsea said...

It's cheating.

John said...

How does one cheat at Yatzee? Creatively or otherwise? : )

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Ok let me see if I can explain...let say that I need a small straight and I roll a 2,3,4,but instead of rolling a 5(or a 1 but that is not relavant here)I roll another 2 and 3...I just add the numbers together(2+3=5)so then I have my small straight...creative and it is legit,unless I am playing with the yatzee fun hater(Chelsea)then those rules do not work.:(

The McPherson Clan--- said...

Um...what do you mean you're "creeped out" by your dishwasher?

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

Well you see it is old, and we have never used it, so I think that it must be rusty or something right? We have lived here for 15 years so what happens to the water that was in the pipes? Anyway I try not to think about it to much...thanx for asking :)
Also I don't think dishes get as clean, and they have this soapy taste on them, there is more but I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Betty Brackett said...

Hmm....I don't use my dishwasher either, not because it's old, or because it creeps me out, but because I really like doing them by hand. The hot soapy water is kinda therapeutic..gives you a few minutes to just bask in the warm water and think about things...and then of course there's the living alone and cooking for one thing..much easier to do them in the sink, without all the rinsing, loading, unloading...sheesh.